View Single Post
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 22:20   #30
twostrokekid

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCompanionv70R View Post
FYI- I went to Amazon.com and purchased the iCarsoft i906 for about $130.00 U.S. and had the fault read and cleared in 5 minutes. The most complicated part was downloading the software updates to my PC so that the unit would be up to date and that was a breeze.

Well worth the purchase as I now have the ability to access issues and their severity on my own! I am already enjoying the savings as my next service visit will now be almost $300.00 cheaper.

The fault stemmed from the installation of GROM Audio unit (I forgot to the disconnect the batt. ground). The dealership quoted me $200~$250 to do the install and I know they would've charged at least $100 to diagnose the fault and clear it AND the regular service reminder (which can be cleared w/o a DTC reader).

If you do get a DTC reader make SURE that it will be Volvo compatible. For $16 I discovered that the Autel MaxiScan MS300 is not, however it will work will lots of other vehicles like my Focus SVT.
Absolutely agree with this. I had a red light SRS code the other day and decided against taking it to a main dealer as they would impound the car until they had "fixed" it. I disconected the battery, cleaned up all the plugs and sockets underneath the seats and reset the code with the iCarsoft i906 that I got for £96. I've now got my SRS problem fixed at home and an excellent diagnostic tool for the future.
twostrokekid is offline   Reply With Quote