Thread: Engine 850: B5234T/2.3/20v/T5: - Starting issue
View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 18:20   #7
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartvolvo View Post
Hi Jod. Thanks alot for your reply. I have been pulling my hair out. I have also just finished replacing the fuel filter there, as it was something else that was needing done. I know that the correct plugs are in it. I am pritty sure that the timing belt has been done correctly although i will check upon this. Where do i find this pressure regulator that you speak of. As yet, this is not a part that i have worked on, so this will be a first. If you could tell me exactly where it is and how to check it i would greatly appreciate it.
stu, im not sure im going to be of much help to you as the diy'er but the fuel regulator is positioned under the fuel rail and has a pipe attaching to the throttle tree.....its purpose is to ensure that the pressure differencial of fuel in the fuel rail and the fuel in the inlet manifold remains at a constant value ....ie it will only allow thro it enough fuel to meet the requirements of the engine at any given time........when the pressure in the fuel rail exceeds that of the requirements of the engine (bare in mind the pressure to the regulator is somewhere close to 3bar) the regulator bleeds the excess pressure/fuel back to the fuel tank....
the only way to check its operation is to have it professionally checked, because i am not sure as i sit here of the vaccum specifications.... alternativly twin turbo is breaking his t5 so may have a spare
aftermarket adjustable regulators (fse) are available too
cheers
jod