View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2020, 18:29   #30
duke1
mad mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboboy View Post
As you say you appear to have a misfire when changing gear or accelerating and have renewed the ignition then I wonder if it is a fueling problem.

The hesitation you describe seems to be when there is a demand for more fuel (need a greater flow when accelerating or pressing the pedal after changing gear) so maybe a filter change will help.

I have no running problem with my V70 but looking under there last week, couldn't believe how rusty and dirty the fuel filter was so don't know when it was last changed, if at all. Have one on order and will be changing that when I do the engine oil and filter.

Many years ago I had a running problem with an old Mk2 Jag. After changing the plugs it started and ran fine. This continued for many weeks with stalling and then changing the plugs appearing to solve the problem - until the next time. It turned out to be a partially blocked fuel filter which slowed down the fuel flow. While I was changing the plugs the fuel blockage moved and restored the fuel flow until it gradually moved back and blocked the filter again.
hi i have ordered a fuel filter had to go main dealer as our local car shop could not find correct one anywhere for some odd reason idk but its on the list for next payday,i did take a few pics today of the old banger some of the engine all pretty looking and no longer gushing oil out of every orifice!
all the crappy rusty fasteners and clamps are new stainless steel.
also decided as she now has 12 months mot i woul brave removing the plastic sill cover from the n/s/ and expose the sill for inspection and as suspected yes there is the start of systemic rust so i shall be cutting out and welding thankfully the rust goes no further into the cars structure.
can anyone tell me which is the paint code on the pictured labels?
heres a bunch of pics,cheers for looking in,peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car code 001.JPG (135.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg car code 002.JPG (129.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg car code 003.JPG (132.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg car code 005.JPG (300.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg car code 006.JPG (214.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg car code 009.JPG (243.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 001.JPG (237.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 002.JPG (247.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 003.JPG (278.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 007.JPG (279.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 008.JPG (293.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 009.JPG (275.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg volvo body work 010.JPG (262.8 KB, 36 views)