View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2020, 11:41   #29
turboboy
Master Member

Default Hesitation on acceleration

As you say you appear to have a misfire when changing gear or accelerating and have renewed the ignition then I wonder if it is a fueling problem.

The hesitation you describe seems to be when there is a demand for more fuel (need a greater flow when accelerating or pressing the pedal after changing gear) so maybe a filter change will help.

I have no running problem with my V70 but looking under there last week, couldn't believe how rusty and dirty the fuel filter was so don't know when it was last changed, if at all. Have one on order and will be changing that when I do the engine oil and filter.

Many years ago I had a running problem with an old Mk2 Jag. After changing the plugs it started and ran fine. This continued for many weeks with stalling and then changing the plugs appearing to solve the problem - until the next time. It turned out to be a partially blocked fuel filter which slowed down the fuel flow. While I was changing the plugs the fuel blockage moved and restored the fuel flow until it gradually moved back and blocked the filter again.

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post: