View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2020, 19:25   #27
duke1
mad mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboboy View Post
Me too. Our Golf has no A/C but the MOT is looming so will get that out of the way first.

Will get the A/C tested at some time to see where the leak is and then decide on what I can do without in order to fund the repair - certainly not booking a holiday this year and may consider eating less (weigh too much anyway) but cannot cut down on cat food otherwise I will be seriously in trouble (x3)!
hi yes i have 2 dogs one bigger than me and capable of eating me no problem so dogfood is first on the shopping list!well happy to say the car passed the mot today and only a single advisory for the corrosion on the nsr wheelarch which i am going to replace very soon and will cut out as much as needed to remove all trace of the rust luckily i am a skilled welder and panel maker and the friend i sold my mig to says i can use it so by next mot i hope i shall have done the lot including the horrid rotten back bumper brackets and mountings for a pass and no notes!
couldnt get the wheels balanced though as the place was too busy but it slows me down a bit which is good as wheel wobble hits at 70mph and is a speed limiter! i think all that revving up they did for the mot done it good it went like a rocket on the way home! as a pass present ive ordered the old girl a new set of ignition leads as she on the original set going by the code date long lasting but one is breaking down and i suspect is causing a misfire,stay healthy and feed the cats,,,,peace