View Single Post
Old Sep 3rd, 2020, 14:08   #22
duke1
mad mechanic

Default radiators and sods law,guinea pig

hi all well sods law strikes again!i replaced the obviously leaking heater matrix and all the hoses and clamps but at the time the rad though old had zero visible leaks,well this morning after walking me dogs i came back and noticed a puddle under the car,bloody radiator has now decided to spring a leak! this bloody car has cost a small fortune already for which i have recieved severe earbashings on every damn expenditure.
to be fare we are on a very limited income and so any extra expense is a problem as something else doesnt get paid.
so with a budget at minimum i debated a used rad from the local breakers but they want £40 and zero guarantee so i looked at the cheapest new unit on ebay which just happens to be the same supplier as the heater matrix i recently replaced and yes before anyone pipes up with you must use oem/oe parts i simply do not have funds for the extra cost and besides which this is a uk company and both the matrix and rad come with a 5 year guarantee,4 years longer than our local volvo dealer offers and at a lot less cost.
so unwitting guinea pig for the cooling system supplied by coolpartsuk this is the rad
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RADIATOR-...72.m2749.l2649
i just hope and pray this is the last big expense atleast till i get the car through the mot due imminently ,my luck sucks!