View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2020, 19:26   #21
duke1
mad mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
The plastic spacer just pushes in once the tensioner is in place, there was no need to take it all off again
hi yes i figured that out in the end!well i been busy between rain storms as im working on our driveway but so far i have stripped out the old pcv and changed all the pipework that needed replacement and cleaned up the rest and have it all ready to go back together but am awaiting the inlet manifold gasket to come as first was wrong one despite giving the supplier the actual part number from the original,strange as everything else was right in the kit.
question i have read of folks removing the little oil trap on the air pipe you know the one that has idle control and a vac pipe that gets blocked i call it a flametrap on old cars but how does getting rid affect the running?
incidently i did the pcv without removing the injectors or rail just unbolted and set aside with all connections intact.
and only slightly ****ey bit was again mr bloody 10 thumbs had obviously had a go at doing the pcv and rounded of several bolts one being that awkward one that bolts to the bottom of the manifold and holds the dipstick in place,i eventually resorted to a little dremmel work and cut the damn head off and have nice new stainless bolts to go back in.
the missus is giving extreme earache over the cost of this much needed work i fear she will never understand the need and just thinks i spend willy nilly despite my best efforts to find best prices for the parts,cant win no car and she moans,get car that needs fixing and she moans!!!!pics later of the progress,peace all