Thread: V60CC Roof Bars
View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 22:53   #1
Sub2

Default V60CC Roof Bars

I'm looking to get roof bars for my V60 Cross Country to use for bike carriers and occasionally a roof box (with bike carriers removed.). I'm hoping to go for flush bars rather than through bars for better aethetics.

I was originally going to go for Thule WingBar Edge as they are a known quantity and come in black which would match my existing Thule bike carriers. However, the feet on these are quite big and I'm concerned that this will limit the amount of useable bar available when I come to use my roofbox. The roofbox comes close to fouling the feet on my existing car, and that's with a longer bar and (Whispbar) feet which look to be smaller than the Thule equivalent. I am therefore beginning to wonder about going for the Volvo flush bars instead as they look to leave a lot more bar exposed on the top.

I have a few questions:
Could anyone with either the Thule or Volvo bars kindly measure how much of the rear bar is left exposed when they are fitted to the feet?
I've read some reports of the Volvo bars being quite noisy. These seem to be relating to older designs, how have people found the Volvo bars for the SPA cars?
Does the silver of the Volvo bars match the silver on the V60 CC roof rails? I'd rather have them both in black given the choice, but if the two silvers match then it's not quite so bad.
Any general thoughts on Thule Vs Volvo bars?
Sub2 is offline   Reply With Quote