View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 10:59   #8
topofthestack

Well, I managed to get a memory stick working on Audio-Wagon! I'd rather have an option to directly connect my iPod to the XC40 but this will do for the time being!.

As noted in the requirements of Audio-Wagon, you need a USB stick formatted into FAT32. If the stick you're using is over 32gb then you have to use a program such as 'Rufus' (available as a download from the web rufus-4.4.exe) to achieve this. My stick is 64gb.

There is also a very useful video on 'YouTube' on how to do this. Here is a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0No8NzWSSXo

When running 'Rufus' (rufus-4.4.exe) you need to select the type of device you're using as 'Non-bootable', select FAT32 as the format, and then deselect the 'Create Extended Label & Icon Files' option. Finally, format the memory stick. Your USB should then formatted and you can copy your music files onto it. I'm using a memory stick plugged into a 'female' USB cable which has a USB 'C' connected below the dashboard.

Hope you find this useful; after hours of searching for a solution, here is one.

Regards,

TG

Last edited by topofthestack; Mar 22nd, 2024 at 11:04.
topofthestack is offline   Reply With Quote