Thread: New 142
View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2021, 12:14   #144
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

I'm buying my mate's Amazon, it's too good to pass up and it needs to go to a good home so am selling the 142 next year.
The 142 is solid, it's had new spare wheel wells, rear arches, rear sill sections, couple of wee areas in the floor, inner front wings, new perfect front panel and repairs to the front inner wings. So she is properly sorted bodywork wise. Currently having the welding finished and then painting to finish.
I have the following NOS; bumpers with rubbers, grill, headlight surround, front wing, door handle, side-trims, NOS wing badges, new side mirrors (also a NOS early front panel). Reconditioned GT rims and new tyres, reconditioned steel wheels and tyres. Spare rust free boot lid and front wing. Painted floor with epoxy primer and colour matched 2k topcoat and properly insulated.
Engine rebuilt with Tinus tuning TT3 cam, lightly skimmed head with hardened exhaust valve seats, new 2” exhaust, rebuilt carb and 123 dizzy, she runs beautifully and had her dynoed at 90hp which is 5 more than original.
Poly bushed suspension, bilstein shocks, Amazon cars 1" lowering springs, new upper wishbones, reconditioned lower wishbones, reconditioned front crossmember, 1” new anti-roll bar, new brakes.
Original 140 retractable seat belts, new front windscreen, new front indicators, new rear brake lights and surrounds, new rear number plate light holder and small repairs to front seats vinyl
She drives beautifully. There's more stuff I’ve done I'm sure.
Not an ad as I haven’t decided a price as yet but will be putting her up for sale next year. Must be one of the best if not the best 142’s in the UK.

Last edited by Burdekin; Dec 16th, 2021 at 12:58.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post: