View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 00:40   #30
rkennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agouti View Post
Crash bar is not refitted (and indeed, is not possible to fit) with the genuine Volvo towbar for the S60. Even have the official instructions to prove it

At least for the S60 if you CAN fit it over the aftermarket it would mean the cross member was significantly smaller and almost certainly weaker - the hollow in behind the crash bar is half the height of the genuine member.

Edit: For the XC60 from looking through different accessories it looks like there IS enough for room as the instructions say to refit it. The genuine XC60 towbar member I'm seeing is round, not RHS like in the first post photos, though, and I suspect it wouldn't fit with that one in the first post.

I also added some locktite 243 to each of the bolts before torquing them, just to be safe. I doubt it is ever coming off but 243 wont make it too much of a problem regardless and it adds some peace of mind.
Thanks for that - I confirm that mine was fitted to an XC60, towbar member was round (genuine Volvo) and the crash bar fitted fine.
rkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote