View Single Post
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 20:42   #5
940_Turbo

As you can see from the photo above of the rear arch I mark onto a fixed point of the remaining wing, a simple straight line with a distance. That way when you position the new arch you can double check that it is in the right place. Fortunately the shell really is very good. I could have got away with just putting some plop in the rear arches, but we decide they might as well be done right. Beyond that all it needed were some patches at the very back of the sills.

Fortunately the other bonnet hinge mount was as good as new. It is important the mounts are in good condition. If they're not the bonnet won't fold up properly if the car were to be involved in an accident.

I then turned my attention to the outer panels. I altered the front panel so it would take the early style bumper mounts this car has. The alterations were lead loaded before being finished off with filler.

Next in line were the new front wings. We decided to alter the front indicators, so the holes were welded up. These are actually late big indicator wings, but I used them as I happened to have a brand new pair looking for a purpose in life.

As you can see I also pulled all the glass out of the car. As ever the carriers for the drop windows were rotten so I fitted new ones. I also robbed a 240 of its heated rear screen and searched out the new genuine Volvo front screen I'd tucked away for a rainy day many moons ago.

Last edited by 940_Turbo; Jun 11th, 2010 at 23:37.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 940_Turbo For This Useful Post: