View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 01:11   #25
Furball
Muppet

Default 2001 UK C70 in Aus with ETM issues

Hoping for some help here as we're a bit stuck.

We moved to Australia last August, bringing our 2001 C70 with us. Of course as soon as we got here it started having *issues*.

We just had the ABS controller replaced with a reconditioned one, but the ETS light is on too. The bloke who replaced the ABS thing also cleaned the ETM module in the hopes that that would fix it but the light has come on again almost immediately. Looking at the vexedvolvo site, there's nothing that can be done for free in Australia, even if it was an Aussie car - our model was never sold over here (only a 2L not turbo) so we're kind of stuck even if they did as the likelihood of them shelling out for a Pommie car.

Anyway, our mechanic reckons if cleaning it a few times doesn't work, we will need a new one. Over here they're about $1500 or about £750 and I'm wondering how much they are back in the UK? It might be cheaper to buy one ourselves and get it sent given that price? Volvo bits are even more stonkingly priced over here than at home!

Also, are there any other questions we should ask him or things we should ask him to do? I was going to have a look at the ETM and see if it had a white or a yellow sticker (bets are on white) but then i realised i don't know where to find it... is there a "map" anywhere?

Many thanks,

Cat xx
Furball is offline   Reply With Quote