View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 13:23   #5
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
He has destroyed them in the past, one he crashed in to a tree.

He was wrong anyway as it was a mk3 it was a 340 not a 345 and I don't understand his saying that it is the worst car western Europe has ever made as they sold over a million of them and they still have a growing following to this day as they're a great little car, I've only had 360's myself but I've been passenger in a few 340's and I can't fault them other than being a bit slow.

I sincerely hope they fix that Evo as a great car like that doesn't deserve to die due to James May's incompetence!
I presently have both a 1988 360 GLE (carb) and a 1990 340 1.4. The 340 has been off the road a few years needing a fair bit of welding, but when I was using it I always found it kept up with more modern traffic fine, the little 1.4 was also fairly quiet.

My 360, on the other hand, which again hasn't been used much until the past fortnight, has surprised me yet again with how much of a cruiser it is, stick it in 5th and it just pootles along. Also feels fairly quick for what it is, too being non-fuel injected.

One thing I love about the 300 series is how comfortable the seats are and just how nice the interior seems - the square dash just works, as well as the gear change. They were probably just popular cars to sneer at it the late nineties/early 00s when they were generally viewed as cheap and disposable, but in no way were they bad cars. As you say, I cant really fault them either.
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joseph Martin For This Useful Post: