View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2021, 15:08   #1
MarkusVolvo

Default Gearbox sherlock needed

Hello! I think you have a lot to do but if you will give me some advices I will be so happy!

Ok I have a Volvo V70 D5 2012, it has 15300 km on the odometer, approximately 35000 miles I think .
The other day when I should start the car it did not start. I pushed the button, I heard the fuel pump start but there was nothing more. I went out of the car. Locked the car and started over again. The same result, nothing happened when try to start the car. The shift-lever was stuck in P. When trying to move the shifter, an error message were displayed – motor service needed. I locked the car and suddenly the car started after trying this cycle some 2-3 times. The shift-lock were released and I could put the gear into D. When driving away the gears whet crazy. Hard shifts, random shifts, the gearbox were living its own life. This was Saturday and on Monday the car were scheduled for service with an optional gearbox oil-change. When picking up the car, it seemed fixed but no. After some kilometers the gears started to live itīs own life again. The car was stranded at home and was so for a week.
After a week I started the car, it started on the first attempt. I drove it away and it worked flawlessly. The gears were perfect and I took it to the petrol station. When trying to start after filling diesel into the car, it did not start! Only the fuelpump were pulsating when I pushed the button. I went out and tried to move the car back and forth in order to get some motion in the gearbox. The stick was firmed in place in P. When trying this for a while the car suddenly started. It worked perfect. I bought a new battery, this was suggested to be the problem according to some. I installed the battery and the car worked almost flawlessly for one week. Only two situations when the car refused to start. The gears were functioning perfect, only two incidents when the gearbox hesitated to shift gear.
This Friday after work I took the car to the city. When I was trying to start the car it did not start. It took me some 30 minutes to get it to start. I pushed the car back and forward with the stick in P. Suddenly the car started. The first few 100 meters the car worked normally. But in a roundabout it suddenly had problem to change gear. The gearbox seemed to not find a gear, the engine felt not so energic and I was literarily jumping thru the roundabout. After the roundabout the gearbox stopped changing gears. I could drive but there was now only one gear. At least I took the car home.
When the problems appear the orange lights left of the gearstick is not working. Sometimes after stopping the car the lights start to light. Another error message came up. Anti-spin system service needed. When trying to drive the car. It is very hard to make it start. It always says put the gear into P even if the gear is in P. When driving the display is randomly changing D P D P D P and when going in reverse the back-sensor-image is flashing in the display. Even if the engine is on the stick is stuck in P and I need to use the key in order to put the gear into D.
Before this happened in the first place. The car had not been used for a week and it was heavy rain outside.
Is this the valvesystem? But why cannot I put the gear into D? Why does not the engine start?
Is this the control-unit to the gearbox? But why will not the engine start?
Is this something else? The cables under the batteribox?
Is this the gearbox totally? The start-engine? The fuel pump?

I would be sooo grateful if there would be anyone that could help me understand what could cause this problems.
MarkusVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote