View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 19:13   #1
Ripmax

Default SALE - 2004 V70R - Recent Import - 67k miles - 12mo MOT

I am unfortunately having to sell my beloved V70R due to a changing financial situation. It's recently had a lot of work done & money spent on it, therefore I am selling in fear of not being able to maintain it.

I purchased this from a fellow forum member back in February 2021, who had recently bought it via Japanese auction (in I believe November 2020-ish time). It was listed Grade 4 at auction, which is pretty much the best grade you can get for a car of this age.

I have a large binder of receipts, including all of the documentation from the import & registration process.

Link to thread of 'import journey' and gearbox maintenance

Onto the details...
  • Titanium Grey, with the Nordkap blue interior. The drivers seat leather is beginning to look a little tired. I have treated all of the leather with cream multiple times in my ownership which helped a little bit.
  • Passed MOT a few days ago, and had new nearside ball joint fitted at the same time.
  • Gauge cluster converted to MPH (I have the original KM/h clock backplates too)
  • Full Volvo service history from Japan (of which I have a translated Excel spreadsheet too), including a hefty binder full of receipts.
  • Engine oil & filter changed recently with Millers Oils EE Performance
  • Angle gearbox rebuilt with new bearings & seals 4,000 miles ago (all genuine Volvo parts).
  • Rear differential fluid changed at same time as angle gearbox rebuild.
  • Timing & auxiliary belt changed 7,000 miles ago with genuine Volvo parts.
  • 4C with the Comfort, Sport Advanced modes all work flawlessly.
  • Gear changes are smooth, with no unexpected noise or flaring.
  • 4x New Hankook tyres & alignment
  • All four Pegasus rims recently refurbished.
  • New front genuine Brembo brake discs fitted about 1,000 miles ago. I have a set of front Brembo pads still in their box that I will give to the buyer.
  • Gearbox fluid changed shortly before I purchased (link to thread above details this) not entirely sure of the exact mileage when this was done.
  • Centre console replaced with one in better condition shortly after import.
  • Custom 3D printed phone charging/electrical panel in CD changer slot in boot. (CD Changer was removed before I bought it unfortunately).
  • RTI screen reversing camera conversion.
  • Car is completely standard other than the panel in the boot & reversing camera.

I have probably done about 12,000 miles on it in my ownership. However, 80% of this is from cruises to Scotland (mostly motorway)

As above, I am saddened that I have to sell this. It's a beautiful example. There are no unexpected knocks, clunks, bangs, groans etc...

I would be looking for around £9,000 but happy to settle for a good offer.

Link to full photo album

2001 Audi A6 C5 Sport Avant 1.9 TDi - 173k

Last edited by Ripmax; Nov 2nd, 2021 at 20:39.
Ripmax is offline   Reply With Quote