View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2023, 22:33   #24
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Another Key Ring and Mud Flap Update #3

Moving the front mud flaps up 1.5inch did the trick. No more scraping or catching of any kind.

I was on a half day today, so this afternoon got to work on installing the rear mud flaps.

Not many pictures this time as it looked like it was going to rain, so just wanted to get cracked on.

Same method/process was used as the fronts. Masking tape over the arch liner screws, marked up, then transferred to the mud flap.

To save a bit of time and faffing on, I just drilled both the mud flaps at the same time as the holes are the same on both sides.

Finished article

As the rear bumper is a little higher, I was hoping to be able to have the mud flaps quite low. Unfortunately that wasn't possible as the lower I put them, the more difficult it was to find a suitable fixing point.

Too low and they didn't cover the arch screws and I didn't fancy screwing them directly into the bumper itself.

Still I'm happy with them where they are and hopefully they'll do their job at reducing surface spray when driving in the rain.
Along with keeping the back end a little less dirty.

The only thing that I did note is the little gap that will no doubt allow crap to accumilate.

I also received another key ring from the same guy I got the other one off.

Again, really decent quality

A fabric material this time

And a little bigger than the other one.

Happy with it though and it is now attached to the 2nd key fob. I tend to change fobs every month to make sure they still work and the batteries don't go flat. Plus I'm not just using 1 of them all the time and wearing it out.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote