View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 13:41   #42
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
And yet another fault. Passenger wing mirror started sounding like it was grinding so they have replaced it. Apparently a 20 plate car (it's basically a MY21) with mirrors that fold on average 4-8 times a day is classed as high usage and so expect high wear on those items so the dealer told me. Yeah, ok . . . .

Oh and the power module for the Sensus screen is being replaced as apparently that has fault errors but they have said this is only power to the unit so most likely won't resolve the hanging issues for which they have no answers, just like all the other software issues. They even tried to say the driver display was a hardware issue, so you're telling me it started happening on the exact day they did another update on the car. Call me cynical but . . .

They have also said the stain isn't a stain, it's most likely a 'wear' mark. I said, what do you mean wear mark, it wasn't there when I gave you the car and now it's there, it's clearly a stain. The rest of the arm rest surface texture is the same and there's not step change, it's a stain, but they are not accepting liability. They said the valeters have tried to get it out and the rest of the car looks fantastic inside, so what you're telling me is the arm rest is exactly as when I dropped the car off for you to resolve and you think telling me that because the rest of the interior is clean that will throw me off? Take a look at the attached photos. Does this look like 'wear' mark to you?
Got the car back. The stain is certainly better, and it's clearly a stain given a wear mark wouldn't have changed, but it makes me laugh that supposedly the valeters agreed it was a wear mark yet they have managed to make it better. Utter joke.

Next, the Sensus module. Got told it was just power and wouldn't affect anything or wipe settings (can you guess where this is going) . . . Picked the car up, asked, got told yes all fine, nothing has been changed or lost and it's been checked, plus the maps have been installed. Got in the car, every single setting and profile has been wiped, I now have zero maps installed, and the Volvo ID will no longer link to my account.

Rang up and said WTF are you playing around at, you promised me and told me to my face nothing had been lost, then they said well what we actually meant was it shouldn't have lost anything. I said, you told me the 'master technician' had 100% checked it was all fine and then they said he had only actually checked the seats moved when he pressed the door memory buttons. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Also asked how it was that the night before I picked the car up it had 80 miles left on it yet when I picked it up at lunchtime it had 30 miles left and had the low fuel warning on. They had no answer. Annoyingly I didn't check the mileage the night before as I could have seen how many had been accumulated. I knew it would use fuel when they were testing it to try and make Pilot Assist fail but it had a good 120 miles left when I dropped off Monday and it had 30 miles left when I picked up, yet they have said all they did was drive up the bypass for 10 minutes and back which runs directly parallel to the dealer!

They couldn't replicate the Pilot Assist error and told me I need video evidence of it to which I said what, put a camera on my head so I can record the trip as I'm driving?

Then to top it off (and this isn't anything to do with the dealer), had to pick my daughter up and her friend at night, got home, and her friend opened the car door straight into a stone wall and it's taken a huge chunk of paint off the door. At that point I could feel the arteries in my neck pulsing and my eyes started twitching.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote