View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 09:12   #24
Chrispy01

Default Progress Report #2

Got her moving yesterday, but only fast enough to engage third gear as there was quite sharp intermittent brake shudder through the pedal even at low speed. The gear changes were very smooth and engaging reverse was no problem so I'm optimistic she'll be ok in top gear. She also passed the pcv glove test, so I'll now go ahead and change all belts and fluids. To address the brake shudder I'll check of all suspension bushes and links and I need to change the tyres, pads and discs on all four corners in any event.

There's some other niggly stuff, but they're not car killers. Thanks to all for your help thus far and I feel that I should explain why such a lovely car was left untouched for almost 7 years.

I bought her originally and in 2000 was offered the chance to return to Tokyo for a couple of years and my dad took her on. He absolutely loved the car, but eventually needed something more practical (V70) and so I got her back 9 years ago. Prior to yesterday, the last time I drove her was on a journey back from Romford Queen's hospital to south Lincolnshire, having just learned that my dad was terminally ill and had just weeks left. It was very much his car, and having parked her up and with a parasitic drain meaning she was quickly immobile, I just blocked her out of my mind and let her sit there. It's all the more unforgivable as I've since worked quite a bit on two other cars.

Well, at least, it now appears that not too much harm has been done. Hopefully, I can get her back on the road and move on to the detailing side of things, get her gleaming and add to her rather modest 88k miles.
Chrispy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrispy01 For This Useful Post: