View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 14:48   #477
TomSaintJames

I had quite a few giggles when I read through the Hanyes spoof! Sometimes the instructions really are unachievable... But the manuals do make DIY stuff an awful lot easier.

So yesterday was a wash out, I got called in for emergency shift cover, thankfully just half a day (8am-2pm) but still, that was supposed to be my rest day after working Wednesday night (8pm-8am) and so I have done very little today in preperation for a 12hr shift tomorrow...

One thing I did do was a bit of shoppin this morning - Eurocarparts have a sale on which suits me just fine! Rear flexi's, rear pads, new slider pins, etch primer and stonechip paint purchased. I've also bought a wire wheel drill bit set and a spring tool for the handbrake shoes. I can collect the ECP lot on Tuesday and the others should arrive in the post soon, so Wednesday I plan to de-rust and paint the brake shields, then put the rear brakes back together with new pads and flexi's. Whilst the calipers are off i'll give them a quick brush over too, I thought about painting them - but I have more than enough other jobs to be getting on with! Saves me £20 too. Correct me if it is advisable to paint them though
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: