View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2023, 13:39   #1
Robert Brunton

Default V70R Engine Failure at 3000 Revs

I have a 2003 V70R estate which has been running OK for a number of years until recently. My local garage diagnosed a faulty fuel pump which was duly replaced along with the filter. The car ran fine for a few weeks but started loosing power and cutting out whilst I was driving on the M1. Not a pleasant experience! My local mechanic told me they thought I was loosing fuel pressure but they did not have the proper Volvo diagnostic tools so recommended that I take it to a local Volvo dealer for diagnosis. At first they informed me that it was a fault EVAP pipe and the petrol cap was letting in air (I didnt quite get that one!). However although they are trying to convince me these items needed changing but the car is still faulty having been with them for 2.5 weeks. They phoned me today to tell me that the petrol pump and filter need changing so thats another £££ on top of the £800 the bill already in place. Of course I had to point out that these items had already been replaced which seemed to take them by surprise. I am begining to wonder if they know what they are doing. Anyway can anybody out there provide any words of wisdom on what might be the problem here? Many thanks Robert
Robert Brunton is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
Robert Brunton is offline   Reply With Quote