View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 15:19   #2468
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkclair View Post
Hi all, sorry if this more likely has been asked. took me a long time to read all this, I've had an engine warning come up few around 4 weeks now, I had the car checked at the time and said it was the EGV Valve. The car is not in limp mode and been driving fine. I took it for a good run down the motorway for an hour. still drives fine. Engine warning still on. I had the warning message cleared. gave it another good run. At the moment drives fine. Engine light is back on after a week but drives fine. Or will it just go into limp mode one day.
Volvo S60 D4 2015, 29000 miles. when I brought it off Volvo 2019, there reckon all recalls were sorted. I don't fancy giving to the dealers and pay £150 to check it.
just wondering how some of you guys got it done free by Volvo
Thank you
It's never been a recall issue.

It would help if you could tell us the code. Might not be EGR-related? There isn't a specific code for the EGR valve, however there is a code for low EGR flow which obviously could be the valve sticking shut but is far more likely to be a blocked EGR cooler. The EGR valve can sometimes stick open (mine did) but this makes the car practically undriveable.

I got my cooler replaced for free because I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer in Shrewsbury knowing that I might have to pay for the diagnostic check if the decision went against me. But they're nice people who previously serviced my car and so really bent over backwards to help me in dealing with Volvo UK to get a goodwill contribution (I have otherwise found Volvo UK terrible to deal with). However I understand that it helped that my car had FVSH, was less than 5 years old and had done less than 100k miles.