Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70Gavin View Post
Zebster,

Thanks for the continued input. You are right I haven't seen that code, only:

P00BC - MAF circuit range/performance
P2009 - Intake manifold air control actuator bank1 - circuit low
P0471- Exhaust gas pressure sensor - range/performance problem

And as of Sunday evening only the MAF reading.

Of note the my friend said she had to top up with oil a week or so ago.

The MAF sensor and oil loss seem to match the EGR/cooler posts on here. But if it isn't the EGR or cooler (and thanks for the heads up about the need for the P04d9 code) then why is the Reduced Performance tortoise coming up?

I guess I am reaching for the obvious answers and trying to make the symptoms fit....but equally I am not sure what else it could be.

- The car is a 15 plate XC60 with 98k on the clock.

- Starts fine, runs smoothly, very slight hesitation on pulling away (but could be imagining it), slight overrun/shudder on shut down (but only a touch worse than my XC70 D4).

- EGR feed pipe into inlet was cold at idle, got hot after I revved up for a little bit, then cooled relatively quickly once I returned the car to idle.

- Whole sequence started in early December when Reduced Performance came up and the codes:

P00BC - MAF sensor A- circuit range/performance
P2009(00) - Intake manifold air control actuator bank 1 - circuit low.

- Unbeknown to me she took it to Volvo who diagnosed the inlet manifold but she then took the car to a local garage to do the work. (I checked the manifold bolts which were not tight but guess they are tightened to a certain torque to avoid damaging the plastic molding).

- Manifold replaced but still getting Reduced Performance and P00BC error....

Bit stuck now. Anything I can do to help narrow it down? Isolate the EGR? Take off a vacuum hose?......?

Thanks,

Gavin
The reduced performance/tortoise warning lamp is not just for EGR issues. However I reckon that the low MAF may be indicating that the EGR valve is failing to properly close. Or maybe the MAF sensor is simply dirty or failing? Or there's a leak on the intake side?

Isolating (blocking) the EGR flow with, say, a cut-up drinks can would prove that the valve is failing to close, although would then of course replicate a blocked cooler and give the P04d9 error code. A useful diagnostic though.