View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 14:53   #26
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick JS View Post
Ordered Oct 21, xc90 Inscription Pro, to replace my V90. Ticked all boxes for every extra. Paid dealer deposit. In February was given a build of early May and delivery of 26th May.
Emailed dealer week before delivery to ask for invoice so it could be paid ready for collection. Rang me back 10 mins later to say the car is cancelled, nothing they can do. They still have my deposit and ignoring my emails.
What makes them think they can retain my business after such poor customer relations, I've still to get my deposit returned
Volvo dealers are having a torrid time of it at the moment as 1) they get no warning from Volvo themselves until an order is physically cancelled by the factory, 2) this is happening a lot right now and 3) its left to the salesperson to share the news neither they nor the customer want to hear so be mindful of the grief they are experiencing left, right and centre when complaining to them. The cancellation really isn't their fault.

Having said that, how they choose to deal with the matter is down to them and its not good if they are not returning your mails. Volvo have failed to honour the contract of sale brokered by your dealer and you are entitled to your deposit back.

I would call and ask to speak to the sales manager or dealer principal. Offer to stay on hold until they are free or give them an hour to call back. Also, open a complaint with Volvo UK. You could mention you will take your case to the motoring or consumer press if your mails continue to go unanswered.

With regards refunds, depending on the method of payment and which clearing company the dealer uses it can take anything from 3 to 10 working days to appear back on your credit card or bank account. If you paid by credit card you could also open a case with the card company if you don't get anywhere.

Good luck!