View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 12:16   #248
Simpsonsclassics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juular View Post
I don't think it's unusual or even discouraged to put in a windscreen claim without knowing precisely when the damage started, or even if it started in your ownership of the car. For example, I suspect many claims will happen when an MOT tester fails for a crack, which may have been there several years, developing into a prescribed area. Or from people who have just bought a car and realised it has a chip / crack, and putting in a claim.

Yes, this is different, and for the record, I haven't decided what to do yet. However getting into a debate concerning ethics and insurance will make it turn into one of 'those' threads, so I'll try to keep this on track by posting a small update.

I sealed the bulkhead in 2 pack epoxy, which I may paint body coloured at some point (most of it will be hidden).

I took a little trip to a place some here may recognise.

This allowed me to pick up a few bits I needed, including the brake line clips for the crossmember so I could secure the pipes.

I can then start on connecting the brake brackets and hoses. As you can see I'm using new braided hoses, as the original rubbers were long gone.

I think I have everything to start properly putting the front suspension back on now.
Looks a great place this to find bits where is it? Awesome progress on this car.
03 P2 V70 D5
Simpsonsclassics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simpsonsclassics For This Useful Post: