View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 10:18   #242
Juular

This is still going strong, some small-ish jobs have been done.

The wiper motor has been slow and very noisy ever since I got it running again.

This is what the shaft bearing inside the motor looked like when I took it out.

A local bearing place had these on the shelf for a couple of pounds.

Another source of noise was the case magnets which were a little loose, and moving out of alignment and catching the stator. This was a simple fix with some araldite.

Finally I eliminated the poor earthing point on the bulkhead by running a bit of solar cable straight to the negative terminal on the battery.

The result of this was quieter, faster wipers that felt less like they were going to die at any moment.

Other little niggles were dealt with. It was a bit shaky at idle and I decided the injectors could do with being replaced as the spray patterns were a bit off. Euro car parts were selling them for £15 each! I think this was a mistake on their part because not long after I bought a set, they went up to £65 each.

Distributor cap and ignition leads were also replaced for good measure.

Finally I decided to do something about the ridiculous stance at the front.

I bought some 40mm lowering springs, which as you can see are an incredible drop from the aftermarket so-called "GLT" springs that I bought.

Before:

After:

Looks so much more normal!

An unfortunate effect of this is that one of the shocks has burst, presumably as the upper part of the shaft is a bit corroded and has blown the seal now that it sits lower.
Juular is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post: