View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 21:14   #2
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter312 View Post
Since buying my T4 engined V60 new last year, I have only ever used Shell V Power. I have only done this in the perhaps naive belief that it will keep the engine’s internals cleaner than standard unleaded, making it last longer.

If I swapped to standard unleaded, I would only use branded fuel. Does anyone have any experience of comparing how a 2020 T4 runs on ordinary unleaded with running on V Power? Will I lose any MPG and will the engine “coke up” quicker if I run the car on a branded unleaded?

I mainly drive on A roads and on the Motorway at 60 to 65 mph getting an indicated 43 to 44 MPG and intend to keep this car for many years.

Many thanks
Mate branded v unbranded and lower vs higher RON is not going to keep that engine any cleaner. All fuel in this country is of a high standard unless you’re unfortunate enough to find yourself buying fuel from somewhere with a low turnover and it’s been sitting around in the storage long term.

Out of interest does it say in your manual that 97 Ron plus is recommended for better performance? I dont think I can tell much difference on mine between 95 Ron and 99 Ron. I would love someone to do the test with the modern volvo engines as to whether the Ron actually makes any meaningful difference.