View Single Post
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 20:23   #7
Ian21401
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloran View Post
I don't know if they're hard to come by, but be very careful getting them off - plenty of release oil and gentle wiggling, you don't want to crack the fittings. They go through the firewall and exit just to the left of the clutch pedal quite high up. Definitely don't mess with the HCV because replacements aren't available for RHD non-a/c cars.

I had this issue around this time last year and replacing the thermostat and giving it a good flush through sorted it. It's still not mega hot but it's pleasantly warm on a cold morning. I find it takes 20 minutes to get a good amount of heat out of the heater.

Just remember that the centre vents above the controls only deliver cold air - you only get warm air from the vents near the mirrors and from the floor vents.

You mention that the heater control can't be turned all the way cold, that's odd. It's just a simple mechanical connection to the HCV. Just wondering out loud if the HCV has worked loose slightly and rotated in its housing?
Ditto to all the above.
Re the heater control: As you are able to see the HCV you should be able to see where the wire core of the control cable is connected to the HCV lever by a clip. Release the clip and check whether you have full movement of the HCV lever and the heater control knob. Then move both to fully hot and reconnect the cable and check whether you have full movement hot to cold. If that doesn’t work disconnect them and move both to fully cold and check for movement. If this also fails then you will have to accept a compromise and reconnect appropriately.

Since 2005: 1992 Volvo 940 estate 2.0L. Manual. Daily driver and workhorse.

Last edited by Ian21401; Mar 17th, 2021 at 20:28. Reason: Amend text.
Ian21401 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian21401 For This Useful Post: