Thread: Engine 850: B5204S/2.0/20v: - PCV 5/8 Heater host Kinks
View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 15:10   #23
Derek UK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Yup acshortt5, me too. Your words are always on the mark. I suspect, you could never get 'the factory parts PCV' working 'to book' for long, if at all, either.

Rant/ What's frightening is that so much of what we're found reading on here, not just on this subject - so many others - is straight mindless clap-trap. Worse, even after the info is given, many will still push utter tripe. Some of it straight dangerous. Then... get this, others thank them and further perpetuate the misinformation. They'll never need to ration stupidity.\rant.

Jeez. Best shut-up now, else they get upset.
Thanks for the support Grumps. I'm new to V70 ownership and was just reacting to the use of heater hose. I was not aware that Volvo had made such a crap job of selecting the pipe size and material for this application. If this is so critical I would have thought that some enterprising company or individual would have had a batch of pre formed silicone (or whatever material is suitable) hoses and be the go to for what you say is an inevitable replacement. Am I right in saying the Turbo engines get the most benefit from this? If your rings are shot and instantly blowing up rubber gloves perhaps that should be on your short list for fixing, if you can afford it. Yes I know PCV blockages cause the glove to inflate too. I just don't like the copper bend "cure" even though it apparently works.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote