View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 21:29   #1165
AlainBrighton
A stranger from abroad

Default Anyone here changed 19" for 17" ?

Hi all,

I have an 2010 XC90 D5 Executive with the standard 19" wheels which came with Pirelli Scorpion Zero Assymetrico in 255/50 R19 fitted.
After a couple of days I have my doubts keeping these: the tyres seem to be very effected by the English road quality (or better said the lack of quality) and every time I hit a pothole I just wonder what the damage to my wheels will be and when I have my very first puncture.

As I am used to 17" wheelsl (and particularly fond of the design of the Antaeus wheels) I am wondering who has experience with these wheels (especially versus the 19" Galateia wheels) If I am properly informed, smaller wheels are better in rain and snow whilst bigger wheels are better for high speed dry circumstances ?

Most of my experience is with Michelin Cross Climates, Michelin Lattitude and Dunlop Sport Maxx for summer tyres and Michelin Alpin and Continental WinterContacts for winter and given that I spend a fair amount in the Alps would still prefer to consider keeping at least a 17" set for winter and perhaps the 19" for summer or just store them and run a 2nd 17" set in summer too.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Alain

Find me on Instagram as SussexChineseDutch
AlainBrighton is online now   Reply With Quote