View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2022, 09:34   #34
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I'm not missing Volvo ownership... while my V60 looked lovely all round, accelerated surprisingly well and gave decent economy, my enjoyment was marred by the nagging feeling that any minute there was going to be a warning light come on to announce low oil level, or the EGR cooler had blocked again, or the EGR valve had stuck open, etc, etc. I could definitely have done without the two breakdowns (first time because pretty much every warning light lit up due to a CANBus error, then second time because the EGR valve stuck open and stopped the engine) plus of course the seemingly never-ending recalls. It really irked me that I had more faults in the first year (and a lot more resulting expense) than in the previous ten years when I racked up over 100k miles in a Honda Accord!

If I hadn't been a member of this forum I'd have considered myself to have simply been very unlucky, however numerous posts here do show that my experience was typical of Volvo ownership. It was very fortunate that the dealers were helpful and Volvo UK might sometimes deign to contribute goodwill payments towards their mistakes, but ownership was not a properly relaxing experience and I don't think that I'd ever want another.

I'm now driving a 2017 diesel Kia Sportage that just gets on with the job and I shall be sticking with Kia, with an EV6 and PHEV Sportage currently on order...