View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 12:49   #47
VolvoRob38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
As someone else mentioned, you often need to scratch the head or block with your probe to get a good earth - hence the fact they are pointy!

Did you check the resistance of your leads? Touch the probes together and see what you get, it looks like you may have tow S/Cct plugs.

Your car won't tell you about oil leaks, it expects either the guy in the service bay at your local Volvo main stealer to notice and tell you or for you to inspect and rectify.

Ye I touched the leads together and got 0.05 ohms.

I'll get onto the oil filter asap, and I assume an oil change would be in order at the same time?
Is an oil change going to be difficult at home without safely raising the car? I had a corsa a few years ago before this c30 and it was easy to do an oil change/service because everything was accessible. Under this c30 there is a plastic cover under the engine that I imagine is going to be quitedifficult to release with the car on the ground. Unless I jack it up one side at a time.... living on the edge lol.

I cant get to the ECM/ECU until some new wheel nuts arrive before taking the wheel off to access it in the wheel arch, as I damaged the nuts on that wheel last time over tightening them. I'll come back to that next week.

Thanks
Rob
VolvoRob38 is offline   Reply With Quote