Thread: Stage 0
View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 08:19   #16
DSK
C70 T5

A couple of extra bits to note (I have a 98 S70R) and this is what I did on mine at 110 miles when I bought it in 2010 from someone who used to be on this forum.

- OEM air filter
- OEM fuel filter
- OEM Spark Plugs (now I just use Bosch )
- Bugicord HT leads
- OEM distributor cap and rotor arm
- OEM oil filter
- Valvoline 5w40 fully synthetic oil
- ATF fluid drain, flush, fill. (As this is the 4spd box IIRC you can use a suitable Dexron fluid). In my ME7's it was genuine Volvo fluid.
- Coolant change
- New OEM thermostat for the sake of and extra 2 minutes work
- Changed the coolant expansion bottle and cap as they do fail with small splits
- Brake fluid changed to Motul RBF660
- All vacuum and boost hoses changed for Gates heat resistant and braided hoses.
- PCV
- Fuel injectors ultrasonically cleaned
- TCV solenoid changed every other year (good practice)
- Check and adjust wastegate (there is a video on IPD on how to do it)
- All new engine sensors OEM, such as 02, MAF, Cam and Crank. Yes its a bit of extra expense, but, it ensures ultimate efficiency.

When I bought it, I noticed it was guzzling fuel at nearly 3 times the rate it should but, I could see fundamentally it was a good car and I should be able to put it right. The basic service items, like a TCV, OEM plugs and filters cured the insane fuel consumption issue. Once I nailed that, over the next couple of week I worked on the other items.

HT Leads/Coils and fuel injectors, made a massive noticeable improvement on mild throttle response despite the car driving very smooth and quick. Mine had a wastegate that for some reason went slack often so that was replaced for a new one.

Then it had a MTE Stage 1 Remap some months later and runs to the beat to this date.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Last edited by DSK; Apr 8th, 2021 at 09:44.
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DSK For This Useful Post: