Thread: Stage 0
View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 01:29   #15
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbsie09 View Post
Its a 98 V70R, 99,000 miles, I only got it on Friday last week, it has a full service history, oil looks nice, air filter is quite clean, timing belt etc was last done in 2015, and its only done about 11,000 miles since.
It drives nice, so I wouldn't think bushes need replacing, there's no thumps / clunks etc, but its def going to be a long term keeper, so I'm thinking about just getting all belts and fluids changed just for my own peace of mind, all 4 tyres are almost new Hankook Ventus v12's, so they're fine, and anything else that is recommended

As you have a Full service history the "need" for a "stage 0" is mitigated a little/lot. Use that to the betterment of your wallet .

A stage 0 would be a good idea IF
"no service history/patch service history" or "you are intending to add performance with tuning"

11000 miles + 6 years since the belts were replaced = leave them as they are until you get to the time Or mileage interval , Save the £ till then

Check the service history for When the
Air Filter
Oil + oil filter
Pollen/cabin Filter (if fitted)
were all changed, and stick with the recommended miles/time intervals on them, same with the rest, refer back to it service history to determine IF or When they will be due.

"if it aint broke dont mess" does apply.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: