View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 18:19   #17
qscgyjl

Do you still smile if you see a Cavalier/Manta or Ascona? I had a strange find on my first car, a low mileage bog standard Cavalier 1.9GL with a 28/36 Weber fitted in place of the Zenith 35/40 INAT. At first I was disappointed to find out the carb was smaller but it went well, in fact better than the Opel Manta I replaced it with that had the INAT!

I had some fun with that engine in two cars, the Ascona B it came in and a GTE Coupe. The Ascona had the Holbay cam and big valve head and would keep with 2.8i Capri's to well over 100 then the V6 torque had the legs. RS2000's were fun as I could keep with them and had a 5 speed Getrag so they ran out of gears about 115. The fuel injection went on the Ascona effectively making a 2.0E not sold in this country, then the engine and box went in a stolen recovered Manta GT/E Coupe less the big valve head. The Ascona was more fun though.

I wasted a lot of money on CIH engines, a mild Rover V8 made a real nice road car with no weight gain and twice the Torque. I had the best of both cars with that one, a Mancona GT/E coupe. That was so much more fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY_CAR2.jpg (62.9 KB, 5 views)
qscgyjl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qscgyjl For This Useful Post: