View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 14:09   #11
Ross Slaughter
No longer Volvoless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It does look a bit DMTL ish, no knowing as the listings don't specify the type of carb they use. Don't recall any Land-Rovers using them, mostly Zenith-Strombergs or SU or Stromberg. I know in the late 80s/early 90s, some of the "performance" Fiestas/Escrots/Orions and maybe other Fords used 32/34DMTL, anything from about 2.0 up (including the 1.6 Ghia Mk5 Cortina) used 32/36DGAV, the 3.0 Capri used a 38DGAS and the Webcon conversion for Vauxhalls that had previously used a GM Varajet-II bucket used the 32/36DGEV but could be had as a 32/36DGV with a choke cable, sometimes referred to as a DGMV.

Strangely webcon.co.uk list the replacement carb for the Volvo Penta (2.3/2.5) as a 38 DGES which obviously gives more flow with sunchronous venturis and electric choke. Sadly they don't quote what the carb is for the normal 2.3 although i have found kits for the pushrod red block B18/20 that use the 32/36DGV on several platforms and the performance version using the 38DGxS.

As long as it works and is more reliable than the Pierbug, maybe the OP can let us know what it is when he gets the kit?
I will be ordering the kit this week so will post up some details.
Ross Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross Slaughter For This Useful Post: