View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 01:10   #1
Davezj

Default D5T5 power optimization

Has anyone used the D5T5 power optimizations for there car.
i have only used D5T5 VDASH for coding some new injectors.

i have been doing all the servicing items on my XC90 D5 200hp T18 version and making sure it is running OK and is up to the job of having a little extra power.

now the D5 engine is in tip top condition, i am considering going for the D5T5 otimiztion to from 147KW (200hp) to 174KW (233hp) for 199 Euro.

i have done a about 1000 miles in the XC90 since i bought it and the 200hp D5 engine is a bit gutless when dragging a 2200kg car aroud.

i am used to daily driving 340hp Legnum VR4 1550kg.

i did not buy the XC90 to be a quick car but it is still a bit gutless.

What i should do is dyno the XC90 before an after to make sure i am starting from about 200 hp and end up at 233hp to prove i am getting what i am paying for.

does anyone else have any experiance of using this power upgrade option.
i know it is just an general map upgrade and not tailored for my exact D5 engine so it will be leaving a lot of unused power on the table as it has to be a safe tune for all D5 engnes. is only and mild tune/upgrade suitable for all fuel grades and weather condition etc.

Any info on this Topic would be greatly appreciated.

i know you get to download and install the new software from D5T5 but do you get a copy of your standard tune saved as to your D5T5 account as well. so you can switch back and forth if and when you want to.
Davezj is offline   Reply With Quote