View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 20:45   #30
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS9 View Post
So I took advantage of the dry weather and replaced the battery tray and wheel arch bit. Took me all week / 5 days of afternoons and some evenings.

Previously the wing had a hole in the typical place infront of the wheel arch and I have used a spare wing with the same problem, welded it up and got it sprayed during some accident damage repair. Unfortunately the same hole has lead to some problems in the inner guard around where the bumper side support fits, and there are some complex bumps and curves there. Basically the entire corner of the inner wing needed replaced about 3" in. In the end I just did multiple small patches to rebuilt the front corner of the inner wing, up to the square holes for the press-in nut clip things for the wing and bumper mount.

I opted for the full tray replacement and large section of the inner arch, but I think a cut in the right place of the tray might have been easier. The spots come out easy enough if you are precise about it, but it does add a load of time. There are 17 not including the rusted out portion at the inner arch corner. If you are going to try and spray in there you need a nice small gun, with gavity/top feed. Thats next on my xmas list.

I also got my newly sprayed skuttle on to match the new bonnet and wings.

Hopefully thats its for now, although the horn doesn't work, must have damaged something during the work.

Sorry no photos, just too much work and too bad workmanship to show lol.

Next .. rear jacking point.
Great to hear you got stuck in and did it Tony!

All of the jigs are sorted for the rear jacking points now and the first one is almost done, just need to get a 14mm hole saw to cut the hole out for the bar to go across and weld it in. Once that's done and I'm happy with the final product (I'm very happy with how it looks now) then they can be made to order.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post: