View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 21:38   #4
deeman940
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230ina245 View Post
The other thing to look out for is the spray pattern. I'm not familiar with either of these injectors & don't know their details.
In my own experience, if you're using the standard inlet manifold and have an injector with a wider spray pattern you're going to get port soak. This will lead to a lumpy, uneven idle - which you can live with, but also a MOT failure for emmissions which you can't.
There are plenty of larger flowing injectors on the market that will fit our injection systems. Most of the more modern ones, with multi hole pintles, although a lot bigger will idle happily. It's just a question of finding one with a narrow spray pattern.
Get ones big enough & you won't need to change them when that 300bhp just isn't enough anymore!
Tim
What ones have you used? i only asked about those two as they were what i had read about most....
Unfortunately i will have to be content with 300bhp as i doubt i will be able to afford rods and BMW / Ford gearboxes 16 valve heads and pricier turbo's!!
300 will be enough power for what i need. i have owned MUCH faster stuff in the past which also cost a hell of a lot more to run and maintain,,,,the 940 is a nice compromise!
deeman940 is offline   Reply With Quote