View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2023, 16:36   #4
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
The plot, like my gravy, thickens!🤔
Nothing nefarious Andrew, I was chatting with an old friend over a cuppa this morn - about my move to Somerset. An idea that came up was selling the Barge, mainly to avoid the logistics of moving 3 motor cars and 2 motorcycles. When pushed by this friend I had to admit that all the aims I'd set myself when I bought the motor car a year ago have been met:
a. It was never meant to be a long term keeper (that is what GAM is for), but an opportunity project.

b. The original idea was the project would take me about 18 months, by which time the Barge would be qualified as an historic vehicle. I had thought that would be in April 2024, but on checking I found that it was a 1982 manufactured vehicle (by 3 days I think). The Barge is now tax and MoT exempt, so I no longer have that excuse to keep it whilst I wait for it to qualify as an historic vehicle.

c. Although I'd planned to take about 18 months improving the motor car to a good standard, it turned out to be much better than I'd expected so I'd run out of jobs after about 3 months (although as you will now, I've invented a few more in the meantime which have made it even nicer).
So, having met all my aims and produced a really good motor car I've run out of excuses to keep it . Saying that, I really like the motor car and don't need to sell it, so I see no reason why I'd give it away cheaply. It is far too good for that and if I end up taking it to Somerset with me that would be far from a calamity.

I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited by Othen; Jun 4th, 2023 at 16:58.
Othen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: