Thread: XC70: Electrical - 2013 xc70 chaos after battery replacement
View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2022, 08:58   #24
tonys1966

Default properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC70Virgin View Post
As Monkeh says. It's not a battery issue. You've underlying problems. You need to get the car checked out properly.
I swapped mine for a new one and have been using it for four years with no problems. No special tricks used or anything else.
it is being checked out properly...! or is properly giving it to someone who charges an extortionate rate per hour ,fails to find the fault after having the car a month or so and hands the car back to the owner with a huge bill-thats what a "proper" bosch diagnostics place did to the previous owner

I generally fix problems myself-cars are only nuts bolts wires [and in todays world modules and software]

for what the owner paid he could have had a new alternator and battery fitted at least-as when all modules in a car show issues/comms its more likely a power issue/earth issue from the main feed at the first distribution box
anyway seems fine now after battery re-set-will check alternator output with clamp meter[the second wobbly it had was more than likely having the vida connected for a while on pos2 with engine off-its not unknown]

new heater resistor will be fitted when it arrives and after that any more issues a new alternator will be fitted as at the milage it has the brushes will most likely worn anyway -would fit a reg/rectifier with brushes to it but these seem very costly for some reason
tonys1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonys1966 For This Useful Post: