View Single Post
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 08:34   #51
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimarilo View Post
I finally bought a 940 S tdic on Sunday, the 740 deal didn't work out.

The 940 estate was on ebay for £3750 and the chap accepted an offer of £2500 .....weird ?? The car is a one owner with 156K, manual, dark metallic green. Has cleaned up a treat. We drove all the way from the north east of Scotland to Epsom in my Renault Kangoo that was near the end of it's mot and have served me well since 2015 (£1500) and let it go for £100. Drove the Volvo back no issues en route.

The two fixed rear windows could do with new rubber trims, as well as the trim round the windscreen. Don't know if that is possible ?? My back still in pain from the drive, but have since realised the lumber support control on the drivers seat doesn't seem connected, so need to fix that as a matter of urgency. Brakes were good, but after a few miles the pedal needed pumping to get any pressure, then the brakes started to squeal badly. We reached our over night stay and next morning brakes worked as before, brilliant pedal and no squealing very strange. But will be servicing the car in the next few days. Overall absolutely chuffed to bits

Great! I loved mine.

Get it right . Keep it right. Many years of service should come from a good motor like that!