View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 00:20   #18
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocat View Post
how often so we see cyclists blasting through junctions on a red light, or diving across oncoming lanes, cutting corners across pavements - showing no regard for motorists, or even other cyclists & pedestrians?
One of those "minority" has just been jailed for life in London for "Causing death by reckless cycling" i think were the words used.
Various clips of video footage from a number of angles (CCTV, dashcams) showed this character running a red light when the pedestrians green light was visible (even on the B&W footage) on the crossing for the elderly (73 i believe they said) gentleman to cross the crossing.
The victim was taken to hospital and died a few days later from his injuries.

The scumbag - err "sorry" (NOT!), cyclist didn't even stop, givng the whole experience an air of premeditation. Whether my feelings that it was premeditated are right or wrong is irrelevant, the guy has been sentenced to life imprisonment and rightly so. For the record, he was identified by the various footage of him and witnesses who recognised him.

If you undertake a journey on the road in a vehicle you also take the responsibility that is implicit in using a vehicle on the road whether it's a bicycle, moped, Smartcar, Rolls Royce, HGV, PCV or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
It happens on the road too, there's an ad running on the radio at the moment with the scenario of a van driver pulling alongside a car and pointing, the car driver takes it as an insult and road rage ensues, but the van driver was actually trying to point out a flat tyre on the car, easily done.
Just for clarification, you say this ad is on the radio? The way you've described it sounds almost as if you saw the ad (very vivid description if you only heard it) or is it one of these newer sorts of descriptive ads?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: