Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 19:11   #17
brickman
Premier Member

I mean so long as its consistant, then its torque steer, if it veers one way and then rapidly changes direction again, you've got issues.
Worn rack, worn suspension consumables, bad alignment, bad tyre pressure, bad tyre (could have a ruptured tyre or incorrect size for the rim so its sitting wrong), something at the back end, worn cv shafts, diff issue.

Does amaze me though that any production car with over 200 bhp is shipping with an open differential. Its like those £45k BMW M140i that have an open differential on a light ish weight RWD car with a reasonable amount of engine, they are almost all wrapped around a lampost by now.

DOnt' dismiss 'worn rack' because its new or low miles. Mate had a BMW 320iX from new and it had this light clunk in the front end from new, BMW could never find it. At 3 years old took it to specilist as he'd had enough of this vague tram lining and it constantly demolishing front tyres and the clunk. Yup rack had loads of vertical play inside, the 'cush' pad that keeps rack and pinion together was loose or at least its lock mechanism was loose. Likely been like that from factory and BMW never thought to look at this despite being asked and car being in the workshop for it at least 4 times (2 different dealer workshops).

Last edited by brickman; Dec 13th, 2022 at 19:13.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brickman For This Useful Post: