Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 18:34   #949
ilmiont
VOC Member

The blue F-reg GLT saloon on eBay piqued my interest but not enough to bid/enquire. On the face of it, it's exactly what I'm semi-actively looking for - a relatively late GLT saloon in the right colour combination for me.

I decided not to enquire about this one as it somehow didn't feel right - the dirty floor protectors are off-putting, there's very little description, haphazard photography, and I'd prefer something higher mileage really; this has done less miles than my S60 which doesn't seem appropriate. Plus there's a sticker on the paint to the right of the rear number plate, the door cards look dirty, and the strips along the sills don't look right to me in light grey against this colour.

It doesn't all add up for me next to the seller's claim of "immaculate condition" even when balanced against age, and as I don't have parking immediately available I've passed on it. Lately I've also been reconsidering whether I even need/want a 240 at all - it has been my dream car for years, but I've become more attached to my S60 than I thought I'd be and for now I'm focusing on piling the miles onto it.

I've still been lurking reading this thread with interest though, and looking at 240 listings for years, and would concur with Othen's indication of price ranges based on my own observations.

I remain interested in receiving details of manual GLT saloons, circa-1990, blue, with light leather, and would be prepared to pay the upper end of Othen's "very good money" rate for the right "very good" car at the right time, irrespective of mileage but provided there's a good service history, it's been used regularly, no big ticket items due, and the interior's clean. I might be waiting a long time but if I get one now it's going to be in "dream spec" to complement my S60, or I won't get one at all, as the intention would be to keep both cars for life and use them both weekly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilmiont For This Useful Post: