View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2021, 10:25   #6
Burtenr

Default Dealer confirmation

I have an XC60 T8 recharge on order to tow my caravan.
I asked about Fridge Charging.

Tow Pack - 13 pin connections.
Please confirm that the Tow bar wiring will be complete and conform to UK standards?
Specifically that Pin 10 (The fridge supply) will be correctly supplied with 12v. (I have had a new car in the past where this circuit was not live on delivery as that manufacturer claimed it followed it's standards not UK Standards. Clearly not acceptable).

His reply - 'The Tow Bar is to a UK Standard and is the same tow bar that is fitted at the factory.'

I read this to confirm that the Volvo Tow connections will be powering pin 10 and hence the fridge.

Another quick test is to observe a digital voltmeter in the van and look for a flicker or change as the fridge is switched to battery whilst the engine is running.

I have had BMW's and each time I had to insist that Pin 10 be supplied to UK Standards not to 'BMW Standards'.

In the past I wired a small indicator across the fridge battery element and displayed it on the Fridge switch panel. This allowed be to be confident that the battery heater was being fed once the engine was running before setting off.
Burtenr is offline   Reply With Quote