View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2020, 14:40   #29
Chris152

Thanks for the replies. On the rust question, I did get under the car and have a poke around, the only clear issues were the outriggers under the the floor panels, toward the sills, as far as I could see. I think for someone like me it's always going to be a gamble unless I get someone else to check it over, but we're too close to delivery now (tomorrow or Wednesday), so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Oh dear... :-)

I've ordered the ramps you linked to, Alan, and will leave under-car access at that for the moment. I can see how the trolley thing could get little used, and in the way a lot! And if I get stands, I'll definitely go for ratchet ones, not much more expensive.

Welding. Hmmm. Maybe I should go on a course and teach the lad what I've learned - or maybe I could persuade my ex-colleague to come here and teach us. I wouldn't want to start on the outriggers but if we have a go on easier bits we could build up to trickier things? What's the best type of welder for car work? We'd have to do it outside so I guess MIG is out of the question?

C
Chris152 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris152 For This Useful Post: