View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 09:11   #4
mightyzorg

Default Intermittant poor running/hesitation/misfiring

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but didn't want to start a fresh one as the symptoms described are similar to mine.

The story goes: Car would sometimes go into limp home mode upon moderate acceleration (no throttle response, idle between 2000 and 3000 rpm and pulsing) Diagnosed as TPM. Replaced with new one from Volvo main dealer and programmed to the car. Car now running better than it ever has. This lasted for approx. 3 weeks when whilst driving to work, car would surge forward slightly then start misfiring really badly. it still accelerates cleanly up to whatever speed you like but once it gets there then starts this misfiring problem again. Sometimes, the problem will clear it's self after a couple of miles or so. Engine light will be on and message reads engine system service Urgent. My garage has advised that it could be the MAF as the TPM is new. Does this sound reasonable to you guys?
I'm getting to the stage of getting rid of the car and buying an older V70 that doesn't have this drive by wire system !

Thanks
Rob
mightyzorg is offline   Reply With Quote