View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2022, 11:22   #8
lovejoy489

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940volvoman View Post
I'm interested, but not if it's galvanised. I Thought these were aluminium so as to keep the load as light as possible... And, of course galvanised does rust whereas aluminium won't.

Shaun
I bumped this thread for a forum member who pmed me................strangley enough...they didnt respond to my last pm?!

940volvoman/Shaun...since this roofrack is not aluminium, then i guess your not interested then mate! As i stated in my 1st post on this thread...This roofrack is far far superior than the flimsy, lightweight ally ones, that always ended up bending out of shape! Ive had both the 240 and the 700/900 series roofracks in this style...ive seen a good number of these roofracks used by antiques dealers over the last 30+ years, an ive yet to see a rusted one?????!!!!!
If your concerned with the extra weight, then this is not the roofrack for you! If however, you want a serious roofrack, that will fit a large(heavy)quality 4 seater, 2 seater plus a single chair(an footstool!) all on the roof, then drive whatever distance needed to deliver said sofa, then this is the roofrack for you. (i used to stand up on top of my roof rack when loading up stuff too). You stand on the ally ones...........they bend!

I would think the heaviest load i put on my 940 (with this roofrack) was one of those ride on arcade motorbike(2 bikes!) rides for kids, you used to see outside shops etc. I parked my 940 alongside an embankment, then slide the TT Racer onto the roofrack(with the help of 2 other men. Drove 10 miles home, with ease. Then set up triple ally ladders at the back of the roofrack, slide the 20p a ride TT Racer to the rear of roofrack, an with the help of my brotherinlaw (who was also into powerlifting/weight training) we slowly slid that TT racer down the triple ladders...............job done..............The alloy type roofrack would have S*** itself, trying to do the very same.

Last edited by lovejoy489; Feb 14th, 2022 at 11:30.
lovejoy489 is offline   Reply With Quote