View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 00:19   #28
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
Most likely, and I don't mind. Last year did the same and Admiral were a bit more, but but came down and was happy as saved changing for the sake of £60. If Admiral or LV are cheaper next year I will go. Loyalty counts for nothing now.

But why don't insurers offer any customer whether existing or new the best rate from the off! In my case Admiral £850 instead of £970.

You shouldn't have to phone them. I bet most just accept it and they get to make a great profit by each customer!

There is no loyalty. I don't mind say up to £50 dearer than comparison sites but £150 is a good saving.

James
Like all sellers, they want to get the most money they can but recgnising half a loaf is better than no bread, will reduce their profit margin to take the business while hoping next year you'll stick around.

Also another example of the public being fleeced is since the govt dropped the threshold for a grant on buying a new BEV to £35k, many manufacturers have dropped the price of several models to £34995 or similar - some models were £40k+ previously!

Another reason there is no govt intervention on insurance premiums is they get IPT - Insurance Premium Tax which i believe is currently ~5% so they are getting a metaphorical brown envelope from the insurance companies every time we pay a premium for a policy.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: